The annual awards ceremony of foreign investors for their activity in Kazakhstan was held in Astana, where 10 companies that have contributed to Kazakhstan's industrialization, expansion of investment activity and development of high-tech industries were marked.
The ceremony was held with participation of the Minister of Investment and Development of Kazakhstan Asset Issekeshev, as well as foreign investors, heads of foreign diplomatic missions, business associations and organizations.
From 2005 till the first half of 2015 the inflow of direct foreign investments in Kazakhstan amounted to 215 billion dollars. From the 1st of January 2016 for all investors the "one window" principle will start working. Investors will be able to receive all 363 public services, all the permissions that are required by the state, in one place.
"It has become a good tradition - we organize awards ceremony of our investors for their investment activity for the third time. As you know, the President in his Address said that there is a need to carry on a more active investment policy. Kazakhstan is interested in investments, and we will work in this direction. First of all, we will work to improve the investment climate according to the OECD standards. We hope that in the nearest future we will become a member of the OECD Investment Committee, "- A.Issekeshev noted.
The best foreign investors in 2015 are:
- Finnish company «Tikkurila» (Production of paints and varnishes in the Almaty region);
- Japanese company «Toyota Tsusho Corporation» (Expansion of agricultural production in the Akmola region);
- Turkish company «Anadolu Beverage Group (Coca-Cola Icecek)» (Production of soft drinks in Astana);
- Turkish company «BTM Group» (Production of roof waterproof membranes in the Almaty region);
- Turkish company «Abdi Ibrahim» (Production of pharmaceuticals in the Almaty region);
- Australian - British group corporation «Rio Tinto Mining and Exploration Ltd» (Exploration of porphyry copper in areas Korgantas and Balkhash-Saryshagan area in the Karaganda region);
- American company «Halliburton International Gmbh» (Production of barite concentrate in the Karaganda region);
- French company «Danone» (Production of dairy products in the Almaty region);
- Korean company «Lotte Group» (Construction of factory for production of wafers, biscuits, crackers in the South-Kazakhstan region);
- Korean company «Daedong Industrial Co., LTD» (Production of tractors in the South- Kazakhstan region).
Press-office MID of Kazakhstan